Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Ida and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by 98.1% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
To learn more about lead and to have your water tested, contact us today.
Culligan of Ida Reviews
13:55 13 Apr 23
There a great company. Very fast service and friendly. They will come over no matter what the weather. I think I'll keep them. Plus when something isn't working they will fix it right there
Segur Segur Automotive & Performance
16:47 28 Mar 23
Culligan of Ida has a great product and great people working hard to bring us top notch water! Thanks guys!
03:00 20 Feb 23
Culligan did a wonderful job removing a 30 year old softener system and replaced it with a new, state of the art system. The installers were cool and explained everything they were going to do. Did a great job cleaning up when they left.
16:43 14 Feb 23
Excellent customer service and very professional staff! Cody came out and tested and analyzed my water and was very thorough in explaining everything. He was very professional and friendly. I was very pleased with his service.